Thursday 5 September 2024

Outpost 290824


Stranger Things.

The causal connectivity between lifeforms.


Grass is hard and lumpy and damp and full of dreadful black insects.

Oscar Wilde.


Painting Out Anthropocentrism.

The Abjection of Representation.

Veering towards the charismatic causality of artworks.





Matters of Concern.

The Humanities.

The Performativity of Aesthetics and Ethics.


Doesn't appreciating art have to do with allowing things to be ambiguous, you have no idea what this artwork will 'say' to you next. Art has an effect on me, unbidden to a large extent, I didn't ask for it. I am experiencing unknown effects on me, coming from something that I am caught up with in such a way that I can't tell who started it. Am I just imposing my concepts of beauty on to any old thing or is this thing totally overpowering me? My whole sense of what 'affect' means (feels like) has been transformed by this artwork.

Timothy Morton.


Shaping Our Perceptions.

How We Behave-Respond-Act.


Structural Attitudes.

Aesthetics-Ethics.

Shaping-Instances-Nowness.





Interconnected Indifferences.

Ambiguity arises/oscillating between familiar and strange. 

Elliptical-Durations-Causalities. 


Builders Marker/White Gesso/Hydrated Lime.

The Leaking Vessel/Body.

Dwelling through drawing/painting with matter in transition.

Marking discursive pathways, boundary conditions, formative structures.





Outline/Trace/Contour.

Line/Vector/Erasures/Points of Contact.

Liminality/Corporeal/Watery. 


Organism-Person-Environment





A one room structure built of common or rustic materials.


A sophisticated container to carry an innocent message.


Open, Robert Motherwell.

The thematic conditions, continuities, and techniques that inform the artist's working methods.

Disturbances/Abject Objects/Reclaimations.

Deconstructing Beauty/Assembling Wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment